Recently, on Instagram, I was doing some first impression of several Chanel products that I recently bought. A couple of my friends messaged me asking me about my skincare routine. So, here’s my current update combination skincare routine.
Just a quick note before we go further, some of the links that you find here are affiliate links. I will receive commission on these links to keep my page up and running.
Alright, so now that’s out of the way, I also want to mention that what works for me might not work for you.
You need to do your research first, test some products and see if it will work for you. I’ve used my skincare products (the main ones) for about 10+ years now, and every time I try to change it, I’ll always end up going back to it.
If you want to hear my commentary about my skincare routine, go to my Instagram and find my Instastory highlight called “SKINCARE”. for this post, to keep it short and simple, I’m just going to list the products that I’ve used.
1. Clinique 3-step system: if you have combination/oily skin like me, 1 thing to be aware of is to use the GEL moisturizer instead of the Lotion.
I accidentally was using the lotion 1 time, and it broke me out really bad. Don’t make the same mistake, stick to GEL.
2. Vichy Double Peel Mask: I use this once or twice a week when I feel that my skin is congested, clogged & dull.
This is a chemical peel mask & it’s been a staple in my routine for about 2 years now.
3. Laneige Sleeping Mask: I use this once or twice a week after the peel mask to bring back hydration into my skin. I also like to bring this with me in the plane.
4. Laneige Sleeping Eye mask: for the skin under and around my eyes.
5. La Roche Posay sunscreen: sometimes I use Shiseido if I can’t get La Roche Posay when I’m travelling.
6. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil/Balm: when I travel, I bring the balm with me, but usually I use the cleansing oil to remove my makeup at the end of the day.
7. H20: Drink your water! Hydration is not just from outside the skin but from inside as well.
I try to aim to drink at least 2L of water daily, and the way I easily achieve that is to actually get a 64oz Swell water bottle called the Roamer – .
On top of that I also drink a 20oz water, and I use my Traveller bottle. This comes to about 2.4L. If I go for a run, then I’ll definitely drink another half litre of water or so.
I hope you guys find it useful! Let me know if you have any question.