The UD Alice Through the Looking Glass eyeshadow palette is here! I wanted to create a tutorial as well as swatches of this palette, so if you are interested in this look & swatches, you can watch my youtube video or read more below!
Ok, so before we talk about the tutorial, I’m just going to show you guys the palette and swatches first. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous, and it resembles Kaleidoscope. The UD Alice Through the Looking Glass palette can be opened up, and you’ll get a mirror with the words “We’re all mad here” on it. You’ll notice that this palette is all about the packaging, just see it for yourself in the pictures below.
Putting aside the packaging, you’ll get a double-ended brush and 20 eyeshadows. These 20 eyeshadows are split into 5 columns (vertical), in which each column represents a character from Alice Through the Looking Glass.
These are swatched WITHOUT primer. The shades do look more vibrant with a primer underneath. Just a quick take on the eyeshadows, most of the colours are pretty. One of the colours (Bandernatch) is quite chalky, while the rest is pretty pigmented.
- Looking Glass (pale pink demi-matte)
- Reflection (soft peach matte)
- Dormouse (warm brown matte w/ floating gold micro-sparkle)
- Metamorphosis (vibrant periwinkle blue w/micro-sparkle).
- Hatter (vibrant green w/tonal micro-sparkle)
- Gone Mad (aubergine w/pink iridescent pearl)
- Paradox (vibrant orange w/gold pearl)
- Cake (saturated blue-pink w/silver micro-shimmer).
- Lily (opal pink pearl)
- Duchess (peach w/pink shift and micro-sparkle)
- Kingdom (copper-bronze pearl)
- Chessboard (medium brown matte).
- Heads Will Roll (vibrant turquoise w/gold micro-sparkle)
- Bandersnatch (deep teal matte)
- Salazen Grum (metallic crimson)
- Royal Flush (pale beige shimmer).
- Time (black-navy satin w/soft iridescent micro-sparkle)
- Dream On (metallic purple-silver)
- Chronosphere (metallic deep bronze)
- Mirror (gray-taupe satin).
However, I swatched this across instead since I didn’t realize at the time of swatching that the eyeshadows in the palette was arranged vertically.
For this look, I wasn’t really sure what I was going for. I just played around with the colours available and tried to create a look with it. I used the UD Alice Through the Looking Glass box as an inspiration and paired a bunch of colours together.
I also used NYX Vivid Brights liner in Halo and Escape just to add some dots and lines for fun.
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation – Light
MAC Pro Longwear concealer – NC25
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder
ABH Brow Definer – Taupe
ABH Brow Wiz – Medium Brown
Urban Decay Primer Potion
UD Alice Through the Looking Glass – Reflection, Hatter, Gone Mad, Paradox, Cake, Heads Will Roll, Bandersnatch
L’oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner – Black
Tarte So Fine Micro Liner
NYX Vivid Brights – Vivid Halo & Vivid Escape
Givenchy Phenomen’eyes mascara – black
Silk falsies (no brand)
Becca Luminous Blush – Snap Dragon
UD 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil – Naked 2
MUFE Artist Plexi-glass – 202