Last Tuesday, I finally grabbed the latest Chanel foundation and so I’ve decided to post this Chanel Healthy Glow Foundation review. I used this foundation on my latest Lunar New Year tutorial if you want to see how it looks in action. Anyways, just so you know, I returned this foundation this weekend back to the Chanel counter. Want to know why? Read more below!
The Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation is Chanel’s latest foundation. I bought mine at the Chanel counter at The Bay. This foundation is said to “create a natural healthy glow by giving the skin the radiance of a day spent outdoors, while protecting it from harsh environmental conditions…The perfection of a natural glow” (Chanel)
Oh Chanel, why do you play with my heart. Just to make your reading short, I’m just going to say that I love this foundation’s technology. I do, I do! I love how my skin looks like my skin but so much better, it gives me a glow from within. Yet, I returned the foundation this weekend. This foundation shade is way too pink for my skin. Yes, I can color correct the foundation by adding yellow, but really? For CAD$65 I shouldn’t have to color correct my foundation.
- Beautiful glowy finish without looking too much
- Great for normal to combination skin
- Medium buildable coverage
- Gorgeous packaging – glass bottle with pump
- 14 shades
- Contains SPF 25
- Too pink on me (there’s a yellow undertone shade which is no. 21, but too light for me)
- Pricy – CA$65 (excl. tax)
- Strong perfume scent – might be irritating for sensitive skin