This week, I’m doing the YSL Radiance Awakening Foundation review! Another foundation review! If last week the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint is a matte foundation, this time the YSL Radiance Awakening foundation is a glowy, luminous foundation. Watch my Youtube video for the full review and demo!
The YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint Radiance Awakening foundation claims to:
- contain an anti-fatique formula
- instantly improve the look of your skin’s brightness and luminosity
- protects against free radicals
- contains SPF22
- feel weightless
- last 8 hours
I’m wearing shade B30, which is actually a beige undertone. BD is yellow, and BR is pink. However, there’s no BD for the shade 30, so I chose B30. I also couldn’t find BD25 in store so I couldn’t get a sample to check against my skin. I think that B30 is not a bad match for my MAC NC25 skin. If you see the swatches list below, B30 is very similar to NC25 (MAC Pro Longwear), just slightly darker (just a touch darker). If you’d like to know my skin-tone FAQ, check out my Foundation FAQ page.
My take on this foundation
- Pricy, but so worth it!
- Evens out my skin really well, and the buildable coverage allows to cover my rednes around my nose, on my cheeks and the 2nd layer really covers the breakout near my nose really well (see before/after picture below).
- Great for dry to normal skin since it has a glowy finish. I have combination skin and I still love this foundation.
- Needs to be set with powder.
- It has a strong perfume scent.
- The formula is quite runny, but you don’t need much to cover your whole face. 1-1.5 pump is good enough to cover the whole face.
- Love this foundation! Love it for the winter where I need a little bit of glow to my skin since I tend to get quite dry.
- The coverage is amazing, yet it does not look cakey.
- This one is a keeper!
- Luminous finish
- Medium buildable coverage
- Suitable for dry to normal skin, and may be combination skin if you like that luminous look
- Skin still looks like skin, not cakey at all
- Contains SPF 22
- Pricy – ca$64 for 30mL
- Strong perfume scent
- Not for oily skin