Go, Oranje! Today’s look is a Netherlands Inspired Makeup, a second installment to my World Cup 2014 series! I know this look is super orange, so feel free to change the lip color if you’d like. I just wanted to make everything orange for fun. If you want to know which team I chose to do on my first World Cup 2014 series, check out my tutorial here!
Let me just tell you, the white eyeliner is a bit tricky once you start putting mascara on. Be very careful! If not you might end up with black spots all over the white eyeliner, and it ain’t easy to remove. I’d suggest going for a white liquid eyeliner, or a water-based white face paint. I used a cream face paint because that’s what I have, but maaan it was so troublesome when the eyeliner wasn’t set. Whenever I blinked or open my eyes, the white cream went into the lines on my eyelids.
Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoy this look. It’s actually super simple and fast to do! If you do wear it to support Netherlands, please take a picture and tag me on it (or add #kireimakeup on instagram or twitter or facebook!).
For a list and pictures of products used in this tutorial, please scroll all the way down!
1. I mixed yellow and red cream-based face paint to create orange on my palette. Then, I applied the orange cream-based on my eyelid using a synthetic brush. I used my finger to blend this cream face paint.
2. Using a shader brush, I applied Strike from Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Mattes v1 Brights on the eyelid. I focused on packing the color along the lash line and center of the lid while blending it upwards.
3. Using a white face paint, I created a winged eyeliner along the upper lash line. (Check out my how-to create winged eyeliner tutorial if you want to learn how to do the perfect feline flick).
4. I set my eyeliner using Pow from Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte v1 Brights palette.
5. I lined my waterline using a white eyeliner from Revlon Photoready Kajal eyeliner in Carbon Cleopatra.
6. I also applied Strike on the lower lid using the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush.
7. I filled in my eyebrows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde first, and then I lightly applied Brunette to create depth.
8. I curled my lashes using MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash.
9. I applied Gwiyomi “Claire” false eyelashes for an added winged effect.
10. I mixed MUFE HD foundation and Benefit Moon Beam to create a dewy foundation. I applied this mixture on my face using a foundation brush.
11. I applied concealer from MAC Pro correct/conceal palette in Medium under my eyes.
12. I set my foundation using Cover FX translucent powder.
13. I applied Benefit Coralista on my cheeks.
14. On my lips, I applied L’oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Orange Tempo.
Eyes – PAC Face Paint (eyelid: red/yellow mix, eyeliner: white); Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte V1 Brights (eyelid: Strike, eyeliner: Pow); Revlon Photoready Kajal eyeliner Carbon Cleopatra; MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash; Anastasia Brow Wiz Ash Blonde/Brunette; Gwiyomi Boutique Claire false eyelashes.
Face – MUFE HD foundation; Benefit Moon Beam; MAC Pro Correct/Conceal in Medium; CoverFX Translucent Powder; Benefit Coralista blush.
Lips – L’oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in Orange Tempo.