Today’s I’m pairing a warm smoky eyes with oxblood lips, what?! Since when I paired smoky eyes with bold lips?! Well, since this smoky eyes are not that heavy, I felt that I could get away with the bold lips. However, if you aren’t a fan, keep watching the tutorial or read more below to see how I pair it with a peachy nude lips. Don’t forget to check out my UD Naked Ultimate Basics palette review & swatches!
Also, for this tutorial, I decided to do my brows slightly more on the unruly side. I really like how it looks, and as I’ve been saying for a while now, I’ve been loving the more natural brows look than the carved out glam brows. I feel like with a natural looking brows, I can do so much more with the makeup, and not the carved out brows. What do you guys think? To keep my brows in place and upwards, I’ve been using this soap technique I learnt a while back in makeup school, which coincidentally Desi Perkins talked about in her channel!
So, I definitely think that Oxblood lips is a Fall must have. This Oxblood lipstick that I used is by Burberry, and I think it’s the perfect colour for this transition weather. It’s not too dark, but it’s not too bright either. Just perfect, especially when the weather is slightly cooler but still sunny. I’m definitely going to be rocking the Oxblood lips this Fall.
If you are not a fan of bold eyes bold lips combo, you can always swap the oxblood lipstick for a more peachy nude lips. I added a bit of a gloss on my nude lips, but that’s because I like the look of a well moisturized lips. You can, of course, pair it with a liquid lipstick if you prefer. My lips tend to become drier in the cooler weather, so this YSL glossy stain also helps to keep my lips moisturized.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Finish Foundation #4
- Urban Decay Naked Concealer Medium Light
- Laura Mercier Invisible Setting Loose Powder
- NARS Orgasm blush *
- Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour palette *
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow *
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Enigma
- Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics – Pre-Game, Commando, Faith, Extra Bitter, Blackjack
- L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black
- Chanel Inimitable mascara
- Silk Lashes (sample) *
- Nude – UD Vice Lipstick in Naked & YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra Cola #27 *
- Bold lips – Burberry Lip Velvet in Oxblood *
* products used but not mentioned in video