As you know from my Instagram, I recently purchased and received my UD Naked Smoky Palette. I was so excited when I got it yesterday, and couldn’t wait to play around with it, so I created this UD Naked Smoky Tutorial! I bought mine online from Sephora since the palette was an online exclusive. It arrived within 3 days of my order, pretty fast and I’m one happy gal!
Anyways, I’ll try to do a review of the palette pretty soon. For now, I just wanted to share with you this look that I re-create from their leaflet. The palette came with a leaflet that contained several different looks you can achieve, and I chose to do the Iconic UD Smoky Eye look. I replaced some of the products, like the eyeliner, blush, lipstick etc since I don’t own those. Nevertheless, I used all the shades mentioned in the leaflet accordingly.
Personally, for me, this kind of smoky eye look is supposed to be messy and worn in, I skipped wearing false lashes. False lashes tend to make everything look more glamorous. If you prefer, though, feel free to add the falsies.
The transition shade, Combust, doesn’t really show up on pictures below because it’s very similar to my skin color. However, this step is very important whether the color shows up or not because this transition shade will allow for a smooth edge on your smoky eyes. It will diffuse the grey eyeshadow on the crease into your skin seamlessly.
The brow bone shade, Thirteen, is a vanilla shade. It might look like there’s nothing on the brow bone at first (top middle row) in the pictorial, but as you add those darker colors on the lid, the highlight becomes more prominent. If you like a highlight on the brow bone, feel free to add more at the end of the look. If you have a hooded lid, I recommend not to add too much or any since it might create a hooded effect even more.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – MAC Mineralized SkinFinish “Medium Plus”
- Transition – UD Naked Smoky “Combust”
- Brow bone – UD Naked Smoky “Thirteen”
- Eyeliner/waterline – L’oreal “Voluminous Smoldering” Eyeliner
- Eyelid/lower lash line – UD Naked Smoky “Smolder”
- Crease/lower lid – UD Naked Smoky “Password”
- Inner Corner – UD Naked Smoky “High”
- Lashes – Dior “Diorshow” Mascara
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz “Medium Brown”
- Foundation – Dior “Diorskin Star foundation 031”
- Concealer – Dior “Diorskin Star concealer 03”
- Setting powder – CoverFX translucent setting powder “light”
- Contour – Smashbox Contour Kit “contour”
- Blush – Smashbox Halo Powder Blush “In Passion”
- Highlight – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – UD lip pencil “Naked 2”
- Lip Balm – vaseline