Today’s tutorial is Taylor Swift Bad Blood makeup from her music video. Her costars and herself have such great makeup on the videos, it was hard to pick. However, I decided to choose this look where she has a smoky cat eye with red lipstick. I think she looks drop dead gorgeous!
At first, I wasn’t planning to do this look, but oh well why not, right?! For the lips, I chose MAC Viva Glam I lipstick, since I thought it looked dark enough. However, when editing the pictures, I just realized the lips looked pretty bright. I can assure you it’s not that bright in real life. Nevertheless, if you prefer a darker lips, MAC Diva lipstick would do just great. I should have used MAC Diva, but it’s in one of the unpacked boxes. Ah, the joy of moving right? Anyways, hopefully I’ll be able to unpack everything by next week!
For this look, most of the products on the eyes are from Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye palette, but you can use any matte eyeshadow. You can skip the second step – putting a dark grey eyeshadow on the lash line. I did that part because I thought I was going to do a classic smoky eye, but then decided to do the cat eye after.
For the cat eye part, since I have hooded eyelid on my right eye (left in picture), I’ve to extend the inner corner area a bit more. The cat eye is shaped using a black matte eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Laetus”
- Eyelid – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Lazarus”
- Upper lash line – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Saleos”
- Cat eyeliner/Lower Lashline – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Shax”
- Waterline – L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Mascara – Cover Girl Lash Blast “Very Black“
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz “Medium Brown”; L’oreal Stylist Brow Plumper
- Falsies – Gwiyomi Boutique no. 3
- Primer – Kat Von D Lock-it Featherweight Primer
- Foundation – Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – CoverFX setting powder
- Contour – Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette “Shadowplay” + “Subconscious”
- Blush – Smashbox Halo powder blush “In Bloom”
- Lipstick – MAC “Viva Glam 1”