I LOVE Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette! There, I said it! At first I thought that the UD Naked Basics is just another hype. I mean, I like my UD Naked 1 and 2, but I didn’t love it. I thought that the Naked Basics would be another palette that’s just so-so. Boy, was I wrong or what?!
I’ll talk more about the palette itself on my review, but today I wanted to share this look with you. The overall look is very soft and feminine. This look can be worn during the day if you want some definition on your eyes, or for engagement pictures. Obviously you can skip the blue eyeliner on the tightline and change it to beige/white/black instead.
The reason why I chose to wear the Stila Cobalt Blue eyeliner on the waterline is to show you guys that you can add color into your makeup without having to wear it on your lid. This is a good way to incorporate color, especially if you are not used to it. Not to mention, the blue eyeliner makes the white part of your eyes look whiter, thus making you look more awake.
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Shadow in 28E all over my lid.
2. Using a clean blending brush, I applied UD Naked Basics in Faint on the crease.
3. Using a Sephora Bullet Crease (no. 221) brush, I applied UD Naked Basics in Crave on the outer V.
4. Using the same brush as step 2, I blended the eyeshadow on the crease.
5. I applied UD Sin eyeshadow all over the lid, focusing the color on the center of the eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied Faint on the inner half of the lower lid and then Crave on the outer half.
7. I lined my waterline using Stila Cobalt Blue eyeliner.
8. I created a winged liner along the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Carbon Black mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I also applied false eyelashes sample given to me by a friend (currently not for sale to public).
11. I filled my brows in using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
12. Using a clean fluffy blending brush, I applied Venus from UD Naked Basics palette under the brow.
13. I applied MUFE HD foundation using Shiseido foundation brush all over my face.
15. On the lips, I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Hope.