Have you always want to create your own custom perfume? Then you should definitely take a look at Demeter Fragrance! Demeter Fragrance carries over 300 scents that you can mix and match to create your own personal scent. How awesome is that??!!
Last Tuesday, I finally grabbed the latest Chanel foundation and so I’ve decided to post this Chanel Healthy Glow Foundation review. I used this foundation on my latest Lunar New Year tutorial if you want to see how it looks in action. Anyways, just so you know, I returned this foundation this weekend back to the Chanel counter. Want to know why? Read more below!
As promised, here’s a how to reverse contour tutorial. I’ve come to a realization that there has been a few beauty vloggers and bloggers who attempted the Reverse Contour technique using very dark and very light foundations. Let me stop you right there! Using shades that are way too dark and too light for your skin do not work! The Eve Pearl Reverse Contouring technique does NOT use foundations/concealers that are TOO light and too dark. Instead, this technique actually uses 2 foundation colors that are very similar in shade to each other.
Today’s Gold New Year Party Makeup tutorial would by my last post for 2015. Almost time for 2016, and so I shall end 2015 with a gold sparkly makeup. This look is super simple, and it doesn’t require much. It’s sparkly, it’s light, it’s super pretty for the New Year. I, myself, prefer this kind of look to attend parties and such.
Alright, I think we can start with New Year Party makeup and move on past the Christmas party makeup for now. If you are still looking for makeup inspiration for Christmas parties, please check my Party makeup tutorials, or use the search bar for specific brands or looks. For this tutorial, I used mainly UD Gwen Stefani palette for the eyes.
I’ve realized that there’re a lot of people who land in my blog looking for an UD Naked 3 tutorial. So, here’s my Party Makeup look using UD Naked 3. This look is not too smoky, but if you’re looking for a smoky using this palette, you can check out my UD Naked 3 smoky eyes video tutorial, and other UD Naked 3 tutorials. I’ve also done an UD Naked 3 review, so if you’re thinking of buying this palette for yourself or as a gift, do read the review first.
I’m using a new camera for this tutorial, and I’m not sure how this pictorial looks on your screen, I hope you can see the colors as I see it on my screen. It’s a very nice mauve shade, and it looks very feminine and soft.
Anyways, for my face, I used a new foundation I recently bought. I think I’m really liking this foundation, it’s the Chanel Perfection Velvet Lumiere. Anyways, will have a line up of reviews coming up soon. I’m trying to push all the makeup tutorials first since it’s almost Christmas and New Year, so reviews will be up in January probably.
One thing regarding this tutorial is that I only used 1 brush, which is the brush that came with the palette. All I did to keep the brush clean between application is to run it through a black stippling sponge (similar to the Vera Mona Color Switch).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Base – UD Naked 3 “Strange”
- Crease – UD Naked 3 “Nooner”
- Outer V – UD Naked 3 “Blackheart”
- Middle lid – UD Naked 3 “Liar”
- Inner lid – UD Naked 3 “Burnout” mixed with “Buzz”
- Lower lash line – UD Naked 3 “Liar”; UD Naked 3 “Blackheart” (outer half)
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil “NW25/NC30”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo liner “Trooper”
- Brows – The Balm Balmsai palette “Woodie”
- Lashes – Esqido Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – The BodyShop “Drops of Youth Wonderblur”
- Foundation – Chanel “Perfection Velvet Lumiere #30”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Cream Concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – Annabelle lip pencil “Natural Rose”
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk lipstick “Nude Pink”
Another Party Makeup tutorial for you guys, since you know Christmas is in 2 weeks! Anyways, for this tutorial I used Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) Self Made palette, which I completely forgotten about. It was sitting at the back of my drawer, and I was so busy that I didn’t remember I actually bought the palette.
For this look, my focus is on a very strong eyes. I didn’t make this too smoky since I knew I was going to create a winged liner, but if you prefer a smokier look, omit the winged liner, and use a matte black eyeshadow along the lash line for a smokier lash line.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Transition – ABH Self Made Palette “Sherbet”
- Crease – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Outer V – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Eyelid – ABH Self Made Palette “Self-Made”
- Lower lash line – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot & Cold” (outer); ABH Self Made Palette “Pink Champagne” (inner)
- Winged liner – Maybelline Gel Liner “Black”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil liner “NW25/NC30”
- Brows – ABH Dip Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Esqido Mink lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”; The BodyShop Drops of Youth “Wonderblur”
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer
- Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose powder”
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush “Vibrant Poppy”
- Lipstick – YSL Glossy Stain “Peche Cerra-Cola (27)”
I did promise to post an Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorial in my previous post, and here it is! I did this pretty quickly since I was testing several products all at once. It’s very simple and easy to do. I pretty much only used 2 brushes for the eyes – blending and flat eyeshadow brushes, and this is just my regular go-to eye makeup look.
I’ll be posting more Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorials, so if you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment below! As you know, Gwen Stefani is no stranger to bold makeup look, so for this tutorial, I’ve decided to pair the eyes with red lips. Gwen Stefani does wear a lot of red lipstick paired with bold winged liner. I did a winged liner, but not as bold as her since I don’t have the “real estate” (aka enough space) on my eyelids to do so.
Have you guys check out my UD x Gwen Stefani swatches and first impression yet?! You should!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti Aging”
- Base – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Skimp”
- Transition –Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Stefani “Anaheim”
- Crease – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Zone”
- Outer V/Lower Lash line – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Punk”
- Eyelid – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Blonde”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Winged liner – Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner
- Mascara – NARS “Audicious” mascara
- Falsies – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Base – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Skin:Fit foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Nose contour – Make Up Store “Smog” Micro Eyeshadow
- Blush – Eve Pearl “Bronzing Trio”
- Lip pencil – MAC “Brick” lip pencil
- Lipstick – MAC “Russian Red” lipstick
Happy Weekend, everyone! As promised on my Instagram account, here’s all my Eve Pearl swatches and first impression post. I received this PR package from Eve Pearl last week, and in this package I received 1 Bronzing Highlighter Trio, 1 fan brush, and 2 lip glosses.
I saw Eve Pearl used the bronzing highlighter trio and fan brush at the IMATS Toronto 2015, and was eyeing for it but didn’t end up buying it, so it was really great to actually receive it as part of the PR package. The fan brush is so soft and fluffy! I love this brush for bronzer, blush, and highlighter. Absolutely love it, it’s like THE brush for powder bronzer/blush/highlighter.
The Eve Pearl Bronzing Highlighter Trio is meant to be used all at the same time. They way Eve Pearl uses it is by using the fan brush and swipe the brush left-right, which will pick up all the 3 products at the same time. The bronzer is very warm, the blush looks very similar to NARS Orgasm, while the highlighter is so pretty. These 3 products are very warm and since it has a lot of shimmers, it gives a very glowy look to the skin.
The bronzer is very warm, worn by itself it gives a very nice tan look on the skin. Please do not use this bronzer to contour your face, it’s very orange, it does not look good as a contouring product. The blush is a coral pink blush with gold shimmers, it’s so pretty! The highlighter is a very pale champagne color with gold shimmers.
The lipglosses are called “Kisses of Pearl”, and they are infused with Aloe and Vit. E. I love how hydrating these lip glosses are. The shades that I received are Stardust and Peach Champagne. The Stardust lip gloss is a brown-gold, while the Peach Champagne is a soft peach. I love Peach Champagne! It’s a color that I’ll probably use quite often. The Stardust, I’m not so sure how I’ll pair this color with. This shade is definitely out of my comfort zone.
All in all, the products are of high quality, very pigmented and definitely a must try! If you are interested in purchasing these, please check out Eve Pearl website for more info.