Today black smokey eye tutorial is a requested look by Nurina, who asked for a Taylor Momsen look. I decided to do Taylor’s signature look – the black smokey eyes. Anyways, I’ve done something similar to this look in my Classic Smoky Eyes using UD Naked post.
Since this tutorial is a bit more intense, I brought the black eyeshadow up above the crease. Taylor Momsen signature smoky eyes look is very messy, very dark and sometimes she paired it with red lips. You can pair it with red lips, or dark red lips to make it more goth-like. However, I prefer to go with a peachy lips instead, keeping the focus just on the eyes.
Keep in mind this is an inspired look, so I’ve modify it to suit my face as well as my style. Taylor Momsen’s smoky eye sits too low on the lower lid to my liking. Be warn if the black eyeshadow is very low on the lid, it might make you look older, or it can make you look like you have panda eyes! As cute as pandas are, I’m sure you don’t want to look like you have panda eyes, right?!
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream #1 Anthracite using a synthetic paint brush on both upper and lower lid. I’ve decided to use this so I can get interesting texture on the eyes. If you want to use a matte eyeshadow only, please check my Classic Smoky Eyes post.
2. I lined my waterline and tightline using a black kohl pencil eyeliner by Annabelle.
3. Using a shader brush, I applied Crave eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics palette on top of my eyelid. I extended the eyeshadow to slightly above the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Foxy eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics right at the edge of the black eyeshadow.
5. I applied Crave eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics palette on the lower lid.
6. I filled my brows using Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil, and then set it using Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette.
7. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Carbon Black mascara on both lower and upper lashes.
8. I applied UD Naked Skin foundation using a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki Brush.
9. I contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox Contour kit.
10. I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon very lightly on my cheeks.
11. On my lips, I applied Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Socialite, and add a few dabs of YSL Glossy Stain in Pêche Cerra-Cola (27).