Easter is near! Lots of pastel colored eggs around and I looove those pastel colors – yellow, blue, pink, purple etc. I am very fond of pastel colors,especially Givenchy Bucolic Blossom quad.. But too bad for my skintone, any pastel colored eyeshadows will just show up very light, whitish-like and pretty much I’ll look washed out.
However, I think I found a trick to wearing the lovely pastels. I know most people use a white base (aka NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil). I found the NYX jumbo pencil to crease a lot even though I applied it sparingly. So, I decided to use a colored base underneath instead of white. I found that the colored base allows the colors of the Givenchy Bucolic Blossom quad to show through. I love it!
I’ve done an earlier tutorial using the same quad but with a nude base right here 😀
1. I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner in Woodstock on the inner half of the upper eyelid. I applied very little and used my finger to blend the eyeliner out. Work fast since the eyeliner dries out pretty fast.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the pink shadow from Givenchy Bucolic Blossom quad on top of the base.
3. (Not shown in picture – I applied a very sheer layer of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald on the outer half of the lid). Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the Cyan eyeshadow from the Givenchy Bucolic Blossom quad on top of the base.
4. Using a pencil brush, I applied the lilac from the quad on the lower lid.
5. Using a small blending brush, I applied the brown shadow from the quad on the crease just to add some depth.
6. On the waterline, I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner in NC30 and gently patted the lilac shadow on top of the eyeliner using an angled eyeliner brush.
7. I lined my upper lashline, very close to the roots of the lashes, using MAC Black Tied.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Dior Overcurl mascara.
9. I filled in my brows using a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun.
10. I lightly applied MAC Ricepaper under the brows.
11. For the face, I applied MAC Matchmaster foundation using Tarte foundation brush.
12. I applied MAC Peaches blush on the cheeks and Revlon Just Bitten lipbalm in Charmed