I created this refreshing Fun Summer makeup look by easily replacing my black liner for a mint liner! It’s an easy way to freshen up your makeup look without having to break the bank to buy new products. Watch this short video tutorial on how you can achieve this look, and read more below for more pictures and explanation.
As the weather is getting warmer, I wanted a lighter, and more colorful Summer makeup. I think I still haven’t had enough of mint makeup. I know the reign of mint color is over, but I couldn’t stay away from it! There’s just something about this color that’s so refreshing. So I decided to create a mint eyeliner look.
You can change the mint liner to any color you want, I think turquoise and yellow would be a great alternative for something bright. I chose to use Stila Smudge stick liner since it gives me the color pay-off I was looking for. I did tried their mint liquid liner, but it wasn’t good at all. I also set the eyeliner using a light green eyeshadow to prevent smudging – this is not necessary unless you have oily lids, just to be safe. Setting the eyeliner with powder will make it smudge-proof especially in warmer weather.
I paired this mint eyeliner with a pink lips, but you don’t have to pair it with this lips. I would pair this with a peachy lips for an alternative. I just paired it with pink lips just because I wanted to use my new lipstick. I kept everything else very simple. No falsies with this look since I don’t want it to look too glam.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “original”
- Base – Makeup Geek Cosmetics “Shimma Shimma”
- Eyeliner – Stila Cosmetics Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner “Mint Julep”
- Eyeshadow – Make Up For Ever Diamond e/s “D316 Crystalline Pinky Green”
- Mascara – Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara “Very Black”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Wiz in “Taupe” and “Brunette”
- Foundation – Chanel CC Cream “32”
- Under Eye – Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener “Light to Medium Peach”
- Highlight – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Blush – MAC powder blush “Cubic”
- Lipstick – Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited My Dear Matte “Allure Fuchsia”