So, here’s my NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint review. You can either watch me rambling about this foundation on my Youtube channel, or you can read all about this foundation in this review. I pretty much say the same thing on the video and this post, but probably I have a better train of thoughts on this post.
As promised, here’s a how to reverse contour tutorial. I’ve come to a realization that there has been a few beauty vloggers and bloggers who attempted the Reverse Contour technique using very dark and very light foundations. Let me stop you right there! Using shades that are way too dark and too light for your skin do not work! The Eve Pearl Reverse Contouring technique does NOT use foundations/concealers that are TOO light and too dark. Instead, this technique actually uses 2 foundation colors that are very similar in shade to each other.
Today’s Glamorous Evening Makeup video tutorial is going to be slightly different. Instead of doing the makeup on myself, I’m doing it on my bff, Liz. She was going out for a party last Saturday night, and I wanted to make her look glam for the event. Liz is about a shade or two darker than me (1 shade darker in the Winter, and 2 in the Summer), and she has these amazing big gorgeous eyes and high cheekbones. You’ll see it when you watch the video!
I received a request by Dila who wanted me to do a video to show her how to create a smoky winged liner. She saw me back in 2014 when I was in Jakarta, and when we met I was wearing the day version of this smoky winged liner. Check out my Smokey Winged Liner post if you prefer a pictorial, or one which you can wear for a day look. This smoky winged liner tutorial is a darker, smokier version.
Today’s tutorial will be using mostly Tarte Light of the Party palette for my eyes and cheeks. This tutorial is a very simple day makeup look, nothing too fancy. It was a requested look from one of my good friends. Also, this tutorial is my first video tutorial for the year!
Alright, I think we can start with New Year Party makeup and move on past the Christmas party makeup for now. If you are still looking for makeup inspiration for Christmas parties, please check my Party makeup tutorials, or use the search bar for specific brands or looks. For this tutorial, I used mainly UD Gwen Stefani palette for the eyes.
I’ve realized that there’re a lot of people who land in my blog looking for an UD Naked 3 tutorial. So, here’s my Party Makeup look using UD Naked 3. This look is not too smoky, but if you’re looking for a smoky using this palette, you can check out my UD Naked 3 smoky eyes video tutorial, and other UD Naked 3 tutorials. I’ve also done an UD Naked 3 review, so if you’re thinking of buying this palette for yourself or as a gift, do read the review first.
I’m using a new camera for this tutorial, and I’m not sure how this pictorial looks on your screen, I hope you can see the colors as I see it on my screen. It’s a very nice mauve shade, and it looks very feminine and soft.
Anyways, for my face, I used a new foundation I recently bought. I think I’m really liking this foundation, it’s the Chanel Perfection Velvet Lumiere. Anyways, will have a line up of reviews coming up soon. I’m trying to push all the makeup tutorials first since it’s almost Christmas and New Year, so reviews will be up in January probably.
One thing regarding this tutorial is that I only used 1 brush, which is the brush that came with the palette. All I did to keep the brush clean between application is to run it through a black stippling sponge (similar to the Vera Mona Color Switch).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Base – UD Naked 3 “Strange”
- Crease – UD Naked 3 “Nooner”
- Outer V – UD Naked 3 “Blackheart”
- Middle lid – UD Naked 3 “Liar”
- Inner lid – UD Naked 3 “Burnout” mixed with “Buzz”
- Lower lash line – UD Naked 3 “Liar”; UD Naked 3 “Blackheart” (outer half)
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil “NW25/NC30”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo liner “Trooper”
- Brows – The Balm Balmsai palette “Woodie”
- Lashes – Esqido Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – The BodyShop “Drops of Youth Wonderblur”
- Foundation – Chanel “Perfection Velvet Lumiere #30”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Cream Concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – Annabelle lip pencil “Natural Rose”
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk lipstick “Nude Pink”
Another Party Makeup tutorial for you guys, since you know Christmas is in 2 weeks! Anyways, for this tutorial I used Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) Self Made palette, which I completely forgotten about. It was sitting at the back of my drawer, and I was so busy that I didn’t remember I actually bought the palette.
For this look, my focus is on a very strong eyes. I didn’t make this too smoky since I knew I was going to create a winged liner, but if you prefer a smokier look, omit the winged liner, and use a matte black eyeshadow along the lash line for a smokier lash line.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Transition – ABH Self Made Palette “Sherbet”
- Crease – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Outer V – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Eyelid – ABH Self Made Palette “Self-Made”
- Lower lash line – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot & Cold” (outer); ABH Self Made Palette “Pink Champagne” (inner)
- Winged liner – Maybelline Gel Liner “Black”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil liner “NW25/NC30”
- Brows – ABH Dip Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Esqido Mink lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”; The BodyShop Drops of Youth “Wonderblur”
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer
- Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose powder”
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush “Vibrant Poppy”
- Lipstick – YSL Glossy Stain “Peche Cerra-Cola (27)”
We are almost in mid-December, already?! Anyways, most of you must have a lot of parties and events to attend to, so today’s post is a Day to Night Party Makeup Tutorial! This is one way of changing your day makeup to night makeup quickly, and all you need is a lipstick. You can also add a black eyeliner if you prefer, just like what I did for this post, but if you don’t it’s not a big deal.
For this look, I applied falsies just because my real lashes are not that full. You can skip the falsies altogether, I just do it because it looks better in pictures since my real lashes are not full in volume and not curly.
This Day to Night party makeup tutorial is all about creating a strobed-looking skin, nothing too contoured. The eyes are very muted and simple. For the Day look, the eyes are very open and brightened. For the Night look, the focus in on the lips, not too dark but not too bright either.
For the eyes and cheeks, I used my new Tarte Light of the Party palette, and can I just say that I’m loving it?! One of the best neutral palette, in my opinion. The colors are very muted and soft, a lot of matte colors too! Absolutely gorgeous. I’ll do the review for this palette soon!
Also, how you liking my luminous/strobed skin? I just bought Becca Backlight Filter primer, and tested it today. Such a gorgeous primer for strobing. I feel like my skin just glow all over! I applied this primer under my eyes, on top of my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose, & cupid’s bow. I also applied this primer under my NARS foundation so it doesn’t look too dewy.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – Tarte Light of the Party “Eggnog”
- Crease – Tarte Light of the Party “Mulled Wine”
- Eyelid – Tarte Light of the Party “Rum Pum Plum”
- Center of lid – Tarte Light of the Party “Fizz the Season” (I applied this using my ring finger)
- Inner lower lash line – Tarte Light of the Party “Ring-a-Ling”
- Outer lower lash line – Tarte Light of the Party “Cocoa What Fun”
- Winged liner – Kanebo “Kate Super Sharp eyeliner”
- Waterline – [Day] MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner “NW25/NC30”; [Night] MAC “Smolder” kohl liner
- Mascara – Tarte “Light, Camera and Lashes” mascara
- Brows – Kat Von D Tattoo Brow “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Esqido Mink Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – Becca “Backlight Priming Filter”
- Foundation – NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation “Punjab”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy concealer “Custard”
- Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
Cheeks – I used Eve Pearl fan brush only for the cheeks, starting with the Bronzer then Blush & lastly the Highlighter.
- Bronzer – Tarte Light of the Party “Social Butterfly”
- Blush – Tarte Light of the Party “Amazed”
- Highlighter – Tarte Light of the Party “Pink Champagne”
- Day look
- Lipstick – Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care “Pink Granita”
- Night look
- Lip pencil – MAC “Nightmoth” lip pencil
- Lipstick – MAC “Media” lipstick
I did promise to post an Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorial in my previous post, and here it is! I did this pretty quickly since I was testing several products all at once. It’s very simple and easy to do. I pretty much only used 2 brushes for the eyes – blending and flat eyeshadow brushes, and this is just my regular go-to eye makeup look.
I’ll be posting more Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorials, so if you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment below! As you know, Gwen Stefani is no stranger to bold makeup look, so for this tutorial, I’ve decided to pair the eyes with red lips. Gwen Stefani does wear a lot of red lipstick paired with bold winged liner. I did a winged liner, but not as bold as her since I don’t have the “real estate” (aka enough space) on my eyelids to do so.
Have you guys check out my UD x Gwen Stefani swatches and first impression yet?! You should!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti Aging”
- Base – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Skimp”
- Transition –Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Stefani “Anaheim”
- Crease – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Zone”
- Outer V/Lower Lash line – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Punk”
- Eyelid – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Blonde”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Winged liner – Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner
- Mascara – NARS “Audicious” mascara
- Falsies – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Base – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Skin:Fit foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Nose contour – Make Up Store “Smog” Micro Eyeshadow
- Blush – Eve Pearl “Bronzing Trio”
- Lip pencil – MAC “Brick” lip pencil
- Lipstick – MAC “Russian Red” lipstick