Hi ya’ll!!!! As the holiday is fast approaching, I want to do at least 1 red lips tutorial before Christmas comes around. This is such easy red lips holiday makeup look! The eyes are very simple, and the lips are in a shade of a beautiful red. Not too bright, not too dark. This is a very nice makeup for brides who are going for the red lips look.
I added an extra touch of false eyelashes just because I want the eyes to look even bigger and more dolled-up. After all, it is a holiday makeup!
if you want to find out how I apply and create long-lasting lips, please check my “How-to apply [red] lipstick” tutorial. On the full-face picture, the lips look a bit bright, but that’s because of the light that I use for this tutorial. The lips are actually slightly darker than the picture. It’s a very nice warm brown-red.
1. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using another clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Woodwinked on the center of the lid.
3. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow on the outer half of my lower lid, and MAC Woodwinked on the inner half using an angled eyeliner brush.
4. I created a very small feline flick using a black eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
5. Using the same eyeshadow and brush as step 4, I lightly lined the outer corner of my lower lash line.
6. I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner pencil in NC30 on the waterline.
7. I applied Anastasia Brow Duo Powder in Brunette on my eyebrows.
8. Next, I curled and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. Then, I applied Ardell false eyelashes in 109 on the upper lash line.
10. I applied L’oreal Magique Lumi foundation in W3 all over my face using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
11. Using a small concealer brush, I applied a very light coat of foundation on my lips.
12. Then, I lined and filled my lips using MAC Brick lip liner.
13. I also filled my lips using MAC Dare You lipstick using a rounded lip brush.
*for futher tutorial on how I make the lipstick last, please check my how-to apply [red] lipstick tutorial*
14. Using MUFE HD concealer, I concealed my dark under eyes.
15. I powdered my face using CoverFX translucent powder.
16. I slightly contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox contour/highlight trio palette.
17. I applied NARS Mata Hari blush on my cheeks.
18. My hair was set using Caruso Steam Rollers.