How’s everyone this weekend? I hope you guys had a blast, because I sure did! I went to Bali for a friend’s wedding. I also did her makeup/hair and couple of the other friends. It was a small, intimate wedding which was really awesome since usually weddings in Indonesia are grand and big. It was nice and refreshing. I also get to soak up the sun and enjoyed a lot of awesome seafood..bahahaha…
Anyhow, let’s get the tutorial started! I’ve been wanting to do something similar to this look (highlight in the middle of the eyes) with a more neutral shades, but oh heck why not use bright colors? 😀
You can obviously substitute all the colors below to whatever you want.
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream Shadow no. 1 using a synthetic art brush on the eyelid and along the lower lashline.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Burnt Red from the YSL Pure Chromatic quad no. 7. This eyeshadow turned out looking more like cranberry than burnt red when applied on top of black base.
3. I blended the edge using a fluffy blending brush.
4. Using another flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Metallic Crush Pigment in Raindrop.
5. I used another blending brush to blend the lines where the 2 eyeshadows met.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied UD Half-baked eyeshadow on the inner corner of the lower lid, and Burnt Red on the outer corner of the lid.
7. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. Along the upper lashline, I created a winged liner using Kate Sharp eyeliner.
9. I filled my brows using a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun.
10. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura lash curler and applied L’oreal Double Extender Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
11. I also applied YSL Touche Eclat right underneath my brows.
12. I applied MUFE HD foundation on my face using a foundation brush from the center of my face and blending it outwards.
13. I applied YSL Touche Eclat on the bridge of my nose and underneath my eyes along to my cheekbones.
14. I contoured the sides of my nose and on the hollows of my cheeks using MAC Shadowy.
15. I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon on my cheeks.
16. I finished the look by applying YSL Rouge Pur Couture no. 7 lightly using a lip brush on my lips.