As Christmas approaches fairly quickly, I decided that it is a tradition to do a glitter holiday makeup! Last year, I did a gold glitter eyeliner, this year I decided to do more glitter all over the eyelid. I just love how it sparkleees! Don’t you?
Oh, a word of warning, if glitter fall all over your face, you can get rid of it by using a clean mascara wand – use the tip of the wand to pick the glitter. You can also use masking tape (the sticky side, obviously) and carefully stick it to your face to remove the glitter.
The trick to avoid fall-out from the glitter is to apply it with a damped brush. That way, the glitter sticks itself to the brush. You packed on that glitter on the eyelid and voila! Minimal to no fall-out.
1. I applied UD Tease eyeshadow slightly above the crease using a fluffy blending brush.
2. I applied UD Blackout eyeshadow on the crease using a small shader brush.
3. Using a clean Smashbox Bullet brush (or any blending brush), I blended UD Blackout to soften the edge.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Rose Gold loose pigment on the eyelid.
5. I applied gold glitter from Faces glitter stack on a wet flat eyeshadow brush.
6. I created a winged liner on the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
7. On the lower lid, I applied the same glitter as step 5 using a wet angled eyeliner brush on the inner half.
8. On the outer half of the lower lid, I applied UD Blackout eyeshadow using a clean dry angled eyeliner brush.
9. I also lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
10. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
11. I applied Ardell 109 false eyelashes just for an extra touch.
12. My brows were filled using Anastasia Duo Brow Powder in Brunette.
13. Under the brows, I applied UD Foxy eyeshadow using a fluffy blending brush.
14. For my face, I applied L’oreal Magique Lumi Foundation in W3 using CoverFX Cream Foundation brush.
15. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Cubic blush.