Hello everyone! I’m back with a new tutorial! Since the weather is nice and warm, I wanted to create an everyday Spring Makeup look, and give the new MAC Miley Cyrus Viva Glam lipstick a try. As you know, I’m one to pair very simple eye makeup with bold lips. I usually leave my eyes bare, but once in a while I’ll wear a winged liner. Since, I do get asked to create a winged eyeliner tutorial, I’m going to show you how I do it using a liquid eyeliner.
I’ve done a winged eyeliner tutorial post using gel/cream liner in my other how-to post. Between a liquid and gel/cream liner, at this moment, I prefer a liquid liner. For me, it’s faster, easier and more convenient to use a liquid eyeliner since it comes in a pen-like applicator. There’s no need to have a separate brush, unlike gel/cream liner. However, a liquid eyeliner dries out faster than a cream/gel liner. So, if you do make a mistake, it’s hard to correct it. For beginners, I suggest going with a cream/gel liner. Once you’re comfortable, then advanced to a liquid liner.
The one I’m using for this tutorial is Kat Von D Trooper Tattoo liner. It’s pretty much waterproof, smudge-proof and long lasting. My favorite of all time! Been using it since it was released couple years a go. Absolutely a must-have in your kit!
So, I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. All you have to do is just create the “outline” first, and then fill in the rest. If you aren’t satisfied with the pictures and instructions below, leave comments below or on my Instagram page or Twitter page, and I’ll try my best to answer it. I’ll try to do like more videos in the future once I’m all settled down.
1. Mark where you want your wings to be.
2. Create a diagonal line from the tip of the wing to the center of your lash line.
3. Create a line from the inner corner of your eyelid to the center of the lid.
4. Fill in the “outline”. At this point you can extend your wings, or thicken the line more. I’m satisfied with mine, I like it where the wings are bigger and it gradually tapers towards the inner corner of my eyes.
5. Then, fill in your brows, and add lashes if needed.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “original”
- Eyelid – Chanel Illusion d’Ombrea “Emerveille”
- Crease – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nudes “Matt Rosen”
- Eyeliner – Kat Von D Tattoo Liner “Trooper”
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Gwiyomi False lashes #3
- Foundation – NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation “Punjab”
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer “NC25”
- Highlight – Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette “Lyric”
- Contour – Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette “Sombre”
- Blush – Smashbox Halo blush powder “In Passion”
- Lipstick – MAC Miley Cyrus Viva Glam