Boo!!!! Are you guys ready for Halloween? Still scrambling for a costume? Watch my last minute easy Halloween Makeup using only what you already have in your vanity table! Using only makeup products (no face paint, no sfx), create this illusion of spiders crawling on your eyes. Inspired by a face chart by Sonya, I drew these creepy crawlers on my face.
Check out my blog if you want to see the step-by-step tutorial from my 3-d spider body paint from last year so you can get a better idea how I make the spider legs pop!
So this spider makeup is definitely one of the easy Halloween makeup tutorials, it’s not too complicated and it really gives a cool creepy effect. If you want to use contact lenses for this look, don’t get the one I used for this post. You can’t really see anything when you wear this white lenses. Also, just a disclaimer, get a professional advice before using any sort of contact lenses.
So, in case you don’t watch the tutorial, the way to make this look pop out is to make sure that the shadows of the legs are touching the tip of the legs. Think of it in a way that your shadow is always connected with you on your feet, in this way it’s the same. The shadow of the legs will always be touching the tip of the spider’s feet.
Again as I’ve said in the tutorial, I know the spiders are not anatomically correct, but for this look I think the effect it gives is still pretty cool. In reality, spider’s legs are connected to its thorax. Take a look at my 3-d spider body painting tutorial to see how it’s connected to its thorax.
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Alaska
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Loose Powder
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette in Subconscious
- ABH Brow Marker in Universal Dark
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Anti-Aging
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye palette – Laetus, Shax, Saleos
- L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner in Snow
- Lise Watier Duo Shadow & Glitter in Smoky Silver
- Silk Lashes (sample) *
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Damned
* products used but not mentioned in video