I’ve been wearing trying out a new look last week, and this smokey winged eyeliner look seems to have gotten quite a lot of compliments. I followed quite a few beauty gurus on Instagram and Youtube, and Samantha from Batalash posted a smokey eyeliner video. I loved how it ended up, and I re-created this look. Her technique is slightly different than mine, but the result is not bad I think. I’ve re-done this look when I had to attend the GlamGlow event, and I absolutely love it.
Anyhow, for the rest of the eye makeup, it’s pretty basic nothing fancy. I do not wear this falsies to the GlamGlow event, I actually wore a smaller one. However, for this tutorial I did wear wispy lashes because I wanted to accentuate the wings. Nevertheless, you can opt to wear lashes or not, it’s totally up to you.
You can also pair this look with a simple soft peachy lips like mine or you can pair it with a bold lip color – red, maroon, orange, pink, purple, black etc.
I would like to mention that someone on instagram commented on how she wanted to know how I apply my eyeshadow to my crease. This is how I do it (first photo on top left corner) –
- When I want to apply my crease color, I looked directly on the mirror and marked where I want the shadow to be.
- By doing so, I can make sure the eyeshadow color can be seen when my eyes are open, since I’ve quite a hooded lid.
- Then, I tilted my head back slightly so it looked like I was looking down at the mirror and apply my crease color.
List of products used are at the bottom of the page. All eyeshadows used are from Urban Decay Naked Basic palette unless stated otherwise.
My eyelids are prepped with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
1. I applied a mix of Urban Decay Faint and Naked 2 on the crease using a crease brush
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I blended the edge of the crease to avoid harsh line.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Venus on my eyelid.
4. I lined my lower lash line using Urban Decay Faint using an angled eyebrow brush.
5. Using the same angled eyebrow brush, I applied Urban Decay Crave eyeshadow on the upper lash line creating a winged eyeliner. I focused most of the eyeshadow near the roots of my lashes.
6. I used a pencil brush to smudge the line slightly.
7. Using Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner, I lined just the bottom part of the eyeliner – very close to the roots of the lashes, and the bottom part of the “wing”.
8. I used the same brush and eyeshadow as step 5, and run it through the winged eyeliner again.
9. I filled my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette.
10. I applied Gwiyomi no. 3 false lashes.
11. I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner pencil in NC30.
12. For my face, I applied Shu Uemura Oleopact foundation using the sponge that comes with it.
11. I lightly dust my face using MUFE Pro Finish powder in 118.
12. I applied Benefit Hervana on my cheeks.
13. On my lips, I filled it in using L’oreal Color Riche lipliner in Rose, then applied YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra-Colla (27)
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original); Urban Decay Naked Basics (crease: Faint/Naked2, lid: Venus, liner: Crave); Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe/Brunette; Gwiyomi false lashes no. 3
Face – Shu Uemura Oleopact foundation; MUFE Pro Finish (118)
Cheeks – Benefit Hervana
Lips – L’oreal Color Riche lipliner in Rose; YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra-Colla (27)