Alright, as promised, a tutorial using NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette! Also, don’t forget to check out my NARSissist eyeshadow palette review if you haven’t! For today’s tutorial I wanted to create a smoky eyes, because let’s face it, who doesn’t love a good smoky eye makeup, eh?!
My favorite type of smoky eye is one where it’s really dark around the lash line area, and it smokes out to grey and then to nothingness. I also like to keep the brows pretty natural looking since the eyes are so strong, and the rest of the face is simple and easy. For this tutorial, I added a dark purple on the lower lash line, to make it slightly chic and to compliment my eye color (purple looks great on any eye colors!).
About the lighting – since my lights are not with me (I’m in Jamaica at the moment), I do take all my pictures with natural daylight. As you can see on the final picture, this look is very light with emphasize on the eyes. I want to show you that you can still rock that dark smoky eyes with very minimal face makeup.
Personally, I don’t like wearing a lot of makeup – aka heavy contouring, heavy foundation, drawn in eyebrows. Not that there’s anything wrong with heavy makeup (which I do too for tutorials, and for special occasions). So I hope this type of tutorial will work for those who have similar preference like me.
Scroll all the way down if you want to skip the tutorial, and only interested in getting the list of products used.
1. I applied L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner on my upper and lower lash lines, as well as waterline. Don’t worry if it is messy!
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied NARS Dogon II all over my eyelid. Don’t go all the way to the crease, stop it just below the crease.
3. Using a shader brush, I applied NARS Bad Behavior on the crease.
4. I applied NARS Madrague II as a transition color (just slightly above the crease) using a Smashbox Bullet Crease brush.
5. On the lower lid, I applied NARS Brousse II using the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied Madrague I on the inner corner of the lid just to brighten up my eyes a little bit.
7. I created a winged liner along the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner (optional).
8. I curled my lashes, and applied Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows very lightly using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
10. On my face, I applied Smashbox Halo foundation using Sigma Round Kabuki Brush.
11. I lightly contoured my face using MAC Blunt.
12. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty.
13. On my lips, I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
Eyes – NARSisisst eyeshadow palette (Dogon II – eyelid, Bad Behavior – crease, Madrague II – transition, Brousse – lower lid, Madrague I – inner corner); L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner; MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz.
Face – Smashbox Halo foundation; MAC Blunt; MAC Dainty.
Lips – Tarte Lipsurgence.
Disclaimer: clicking on the Sigma link will take you to my Sigma affiliate page. Any purchase you make on Sigma from my website will help in this blog’s maintenance. Rest assured, I only recommend products that I honestly love and use on myself. Thank you for your support!