Please do forgive me for the unrully brows. I’ve been trying to grow them out so I can try out BrowHaus at Grand Indonesia, but I’m dying to tweeze them myself! *breathe in breathe out* Hopefully by the end of the week I can get them waxed!
If you read my tweets (follow my twitter: @KireiMakeup), I’ve wanted to do a tutorial using my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Today’s look is a silver smoky makeup. I think the look would look great on brides and those who prefer smoky makeup for prom/parties. Lots of drama on this look. Very intense! Lots of silver, lots of shimmer and very dark around the lashes and outer V.
If you aren’t too comfortable with blending or applying eyeshadow on the outer V, alternatively what you can do is to apply silver all over the lid and create a heavy liner on upper and lower lashes with black eyeliner (as well as on the waterline). Top it off with lots and lots of mascara.
With this look, try to “wing” the smoky eyes slightly for an uplifting effect. You need a good blending brush (or two) for the smoky effect.
1. I prepped my eyelid using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. On the lid, I applied Pistol from UD Naked 2 palette using a flat eyeshadow brush.
3. On the inner part of the lid, I applied Suspect from UD Naked 2 palette using a flat eyeshadow brush (not in picture).
4. Using a small fluffy blending brush, I applied Blackout from UD Naked 2 palette on the outer V and slightly on the crease.
5. Using Smashbox bullet brush, I blended the crease out to ensure there’s no harsh line.
6. Using an angled eyebrow brush, I applied Suspect on the inner half of the lower lid and Blackout on the outer half.
7. Using Blackout, I created a winged liner along the upper lashline, making the liner thicker on the outer part and thinner on the inner part.
8. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Volume Express Turbo Boost mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
10. I filled my brows using Dollywinked brow pencil. I applied Foxy from Naked 2 palette under the brows.
11. (optional), I applied Ardell Demure and 110 false eyelashes on the upper lashes.
12. For the face, I applied Estee Lauder double wear light foundation using a foundation brush from the center of the face blending it towards the outer perimeter of the face.
13. Under the eyes, I applied YSL Touche Eclat and blended it using my finger.
14. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Cubic.
15. I applied MAC Shadowy on the sides of the nose.
16. For the lips, I applied Chanel Confidentielle lip rouge.