I think I’ve made my obsession with UD Naked 3 palette pretty clear – I’m in love with it! The colors are wonderful, the pigments are so easy to blend, the double-ended brush is pretty amazing. What’s not to love?! So, to show another appreciation for this palette, I’ve decided to do
another the third Rose Smoky Eyes tutorial. This look is far more intense and darker than the first rose smokey eyes that I did. I also think this one is prettier than the 2nd smoky eyes that I did with Naked 3. If you prefer a more natural looking one, I do have a post for you in my Berry Lips post.
This look is perfect for those who’re not afraid to play with the darker color, and already feel comfortable with blending. You can make it even darker and more intense if you’d like by adding a matte black eyeshadow (i.e. MAC Carbon) on the outer V. I like doing it this way since I want to showcase the Rose eyeshadow.
I know I’ve said I was going to do a review, I’ll try to do it soon. It’s just so cold in Canada right now, it caused me to go on hibernation mode..hahaha..In all seriousness, though, -40 deg. Celsius is not a joke!
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. I applied Burnout on the inner third of my eyelid using the flat-end of the brush.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 3)
3. Using the same brush, I applied Liar on the middle of the eyelid.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 4 )
4. Again, using the same brush, I applied Mugshot on the outer third of my eyelid.
5. Using the blending-end of the brush, I blended the edge of the eyeshadow.
6. I applied Blackheart using a small crease brush on the outer V.
7. After wiping excess eyeshadow from the crease brush I used on step 6, I dragged Blackheart on to my crease, and blended it out.
8. Using a fluffy brush, I applied Limit right at the edge where Blackheart meets with my skin. This helps to blend out Blackheart, and make a nice transition to my skin.
9. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. On the lower lid, I applied Mugshot using an angled eyeliner brush, then Blackheart very close to the roots of the lower lashes.
10. Then, I created a winged eyeliner on the upper lash line using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
11. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom Lash mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
12. For extra drama, I added false lashes for extra length and volume. These falsies were samples from my friend, which is currently in production.
13. I filled my brows using a mix of Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
14. I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation on my face, blending it using my fingers.
15. On my cheeks, I applied Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed Enchantment using a foundation brush.
16. Then, I applied MAC cream base in Pearl on top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and cupid’s bow using my finger.
17. I applied MAC Please Me lipstick on my lips using a lip brush. Then, I added a little bit of L’occitane lip balm just to keep my lips moist since it’s so cold here in Canada!!!
18. My hair was set using a velcro rollers set and 1.5in Chi curling iron.