For this NYE Makeup tutorial, I decided to use my Smashbox Full Exposure palette, which I love! I’ve done a review/swatch post on Smashbox Full Exposure Palette Review. I’ve also done a few tutorial using the same palette in Smashbox Full Exposure Look #1 and Smokey Eyes using Smashbox Full Exposure Palette.
I wanted to create a more cat-eye effect with this smoky eye look, so if you want to create a more rounded smoky eyes please check my Glitter Holiday Makeup. My step-by-step picture looks slightly out of focus, that’s because I did not realize that my lens was dirty! So, my apologies if the pictures are not clear.
1. I prepped my lids using UD Primer Potion.
2. I applied M6 on the crease using a blending brush.
3. Using an angled eyebrow brush, I applied M7 on the outer V.
4. Using a clean small shader brush, I blended M7 towards the inner part of the eyes.
5. I repeated step 3 and 4 until I get that outer V really dark.
6. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied M5 slightly above the crease.
7. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied S6 on the eyelid, and S4 just on the inner tear duct.
8. I created a thick winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
9. Using an eyeliner brush, I lined my lower lid using M7.
10. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
11. I curled my lashes and applied Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara on both upper and lower lashes. I also applied false eyelashes.
13. I applied Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation on my face using CoverFX Cream Foundation.
14. I applied MAC Dainty blush on my cheeks.
15. I also applied Revlon Socialite lipstick on my lips.