I was asked to do a “Bella Twilight” inspired tutorial. I don’t watch Twilight since I don’t like it, so I had to google up some images of Bella. Her makeup is mostly very natural, with very little blush. I decided to use Bella’s eye makeup as an inspiration for the eyes.
However, I changed the lips since I like more colors on my face. I added extra eyeliner as well just to define my eyes, but you can skip the step altogether. I don’t think the overall look is too inspired by Bella, but the eyes are quite close to how she has it on the Breaking Dawn poster.
Anyhow, I’ve decided to go with MAC Diva lipstick for the lips since I like this lipstick, and I want to wear it more for tutorials. I absolutely love MAC Diva! It’s not too dark, not too light, and it’s perfect for winter. I have done another post using MAC Diva lipstick but with a glitter cat eyeliner in “Holiday Makeup using MAC Diva”. If you’re not used in creating cat eyeliner, this is a good alternative.
I added the liquid liner after I applied my falsies since I didn’t decide to apply the liner after I completed the whole look. You can skip the liquid liner altogether if you want.
1. I applied MAC Omega eyeshadow all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using Smashbox bullet brush, I applied Sable from Smashbox Filter photo-op trio.
3. I applied Sumatra from Smashbox Filter photo-op trio on the outer V using a crease brush.
4. I blended Sumatra out to remove any harsh lines.
5. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied UD Blackout eyeshadow along my upper and lower lash lines.
6. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Great Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
7. I filled my brows using a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun.
8. I applied falsies, and then lined it using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
9. I applied Vanilla from Smashbox Filter photo-op trio under the brows.
10. On my face, I applied Smashbox Halo foundation using a Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush.
11. On my cheeks, I applied Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze in Make a Mauve, blending out using my finger.
12. I contoured my face using MAC Shadowy powder and NARS Ita kabuki brush.
13. I also applied Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Gold as highlighter.
14. On my lips, I lined it using L’oreal Colour Riche in Truly Burgundy and then applied MAC Diva lipstick on top.
If you want to know how to apply lipstick to make it last, please check my How-to apply red lips post.