Who doesn’t love a good smoky eyes? I sure do! I’m sure my friend, Finency, loves it too! She showed me this picture on Instagram, and it showed a smoky eyes using NARS Mekong eyeshadow. I love how simple, easy, and definitely I’ll wear this for a night out.
I skipped the whole false lashes so this look is more grungy, and more me. I don’t usually wear falsies, so this really stay true to how I’d wear my smoky eyes. I also filled my brows without shaping it using any concealer. Again, just want to stay true to how I usually do my makeup. As I said, it’s very simple and quick. No fuss, sexy, and sultry. I like my makeup to be as simple as possible. This is just how I prefer to do my makeup, but if you like more of a glam look you can take a look at my other tutorials under smoky eyes.
1. I prepped my eyelids by applying a cream-base eyeshadow. I used Smashbox limitless 15-hour cream shadow in Stone.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied NARS Mekong eyeshadow all over my eyelid. The camera didn’t pick it up, but there’s lots of gorgeous golden flecks on my lids.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied NARS Madrague I on the crease to diffuse the color out.
4. I applied NARS Mekong on the lower lash line using a small shader brush.
5. I lined my waterline, tightline, and upper lash line using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
6. Using an angled eyebrow brush, I applied NARS Pandora II along the upper lash line. I kind of winged mine a little, but you don’t have to.
7. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.
8. I curled my lashes and applied MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on both upper and bottom lashes.
9. On my face, I applied Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
10. I highlighted (under my eyes, bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow, chin, & forehead) my face using YSL Touche Eclat.
11. I set my face using Cover FX translucent powder.
12. I lightly contoured my face using Smashbox contour palette.
13. On my cheeks, I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon.
14. I filled my lips using MAC Spice lip liner, and Clinique Heaping Hazelnut Chubby Stick lip balm.
Eyes – Smashbox limitless 15-hour cream shadow in Stone; NARSissist eyeshadow palette (Lid: Mekong, crease: Madrague I, liner: Pandora II); Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash; MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash mascara
Face – Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation; YSL Touche Eclat; Cover FX Translucent Powder; Smashbox contour powder; Chanel Blush de Horizon
Lips – MAC Spice lip pencil; Clinique Heaping Hazelnut chubby stick