If you guys were following me on Instagram and Twitter, you’d know that I finally got my hands on the new L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer Crayons! I’ve been looking for these crayons in Shopper’s and couldn’t find any, and by chance I went to Rexall and got them with 15% off! Super awesome 😀
Anyhow, I went to grab 3 colors, because they were on sale and also because I wanted to see if I could use them to do highlighting and contouring. I bought the Fair/Light (W1-2-3), Light/Medium (w4-5) and Medium Deep (N6-7-8).
On me, the Light/Medium (W3-4) is my matched. I used this to conceal blemishes and under eye circles. The Fair/Light (W1-2-3) is quite light, but not super light like the foundation counterpart. If you are very fair (ivory/porcelain), you might find the W1-2-3 a bit too yellow for you. May be the N1-2-3 might fare better for those with very fair skin tone.
The darkest shade (Medium Deep N6-7-8) is definitely darker than the W6-7-8. Those who use MAC NC/NW 50-58 might find the Medium Deep shade to be a shade or two lighter than their skin tone. Might be good as a highlighter for those with NC/NW 50-58 skin tone. This Medium Deep shade is definitely a great alternative for those who has similar skin-tone like mine or lighter to be used as a contour product.
Please keep in mind I was doing this post in a rush, so didn’t do a great job in terms of blending or placement. I’ll show you a highlight/contour tutorial next time. The purpose of this post is to show you that these concealers can be used as concealer, highlighter and contour product.
Below on the left side, I only had Urban Decay Naked Foundation (click on link for review of the foundation). As you can see, my dark circles are quite prominent (thanks to lack of sleep and stress). Other than that, I’ve redness around my nose. I applied the foundation using IPKN Artist Auto Wave Makeup.
On the right side, I applied L’oreal Super Blendable Concealer Crayon in Light/Medium (W4-5) under my eyes and around my nose, as well as on my blemishes. For a quick highlight, I applied Fair/Light (W1-2-3) on the high planes of the face: on the bridge of my nose, under the brows, on the forehead, along the cheekbones and chin. I blended everything using Sigma Precision Round brush (first the concealer, then the highlight and lastly the contour).
For contour, I applied Medium Deep (N6-7-8) under my cheeks, on the crease, side of the nose and temples.
Left: With Urban Decay Naked Foundation; Right: Concealer, Highlighter and Contour
Below is a picture of my bare face (don’t judge!) on the left and a full face with foundation, highlighter, concealer and contour only on the right. Pictures are taken in daylight. The highlight and contour are meant to be a light application. I’d probably do this if I’ve extra time in the morning since it’s fast and easy. Take less than 3 minutes.
Left: bare face; Right: final look
My experience using this:
- Just like the name said, Super Blendable, the concealers are easily blendable with fingers, brushes and my favorite way with a damped sponge.
- I found that the crayons are easier to work with when it’s warm, so if you’re in a cold climate, you might want to rub the crayons in between your palms first before application.
- Love the crayon type of concealer. So easy to be used, so easy for traveling. So much love <3
- Coverage is medium, pretty good for blemishes.
- Under eye circles somewhat covered, but the product isn’t as creamy as the True Match liquid concealer. Might sink on fine lines under eyes after 4-6hours.
- Works as amazing highlighter and contour, I mean, hello look at my cheekbones.
- Dry skin might want to stay away from this product, might cling to dry patches.
- Only 6 shades available.
- Need extra work to blend in cold climate.
Will I buy this product again? Absolutely! I do wish they will sell this in Indonesia or Singapore. It’s super convenient and easy to use!
4.5 stars out of 5