I was watching Kat Von D video tutorial on Sephora’s youtube channel, and I absolutely love how she created the ombre dotted eyeliner, similar to pointilism. I think it’s a pretty cool way to get creative with your eyeliner while keeping it simple. You can pair this dotted eyeliner with a rich-colored lips, like the L‘oreal Colour Riche Moist Matte in Lincoln Rose to brighten up your look.
As promised on my L’oreal Colour Riche Moist Matte swatches, I wanted to show you guys how the lipsticks look on my skin. This time I played around with Lincoln Rose, but I’ll try to work on the other shade next time. I’m quite surprise at how bright the lipstick shade is on my lips. I did not line my lips at all for this tutorial since I want to see how the real color is against my skintone. I think if you have a medium or dark complexion, this would work really well on you. I personally find this shade to be a little bit overpowering.
The shade itself is a very interesting red. It does have quite a warm undertone to it. I think it’s a very pretty shade for summer, or for us in the Tropics where everyday is pretty much summer. Very warm, bright, and tropical. I applies very smoothly on the lips. Although it is a “matte” line, it doesn’t dry out your lips like some other brands “matte” lipsticks are. It is still creamy, while the finish is matte. Overall, I think the L’oreal Colour Riche Matte line is worth a try. I definitely am going to look for another one or two the next time I go to the mall!
1. I applied a nude eyeshadow on my eyelid, all the way to the brow bone using a flat eyeshadow brush. For this look, I used Entomology from Kat Von D Monarch palette.
2. On the crease, I applied Vanish from Kat Von D monarch palette, using a clean fluffy blending brush.
3. I placed a tape on where I want my “wings” to be as my eyeliner. You can skip this step if you have steady hand.
4. Using Kat Von D Trooper tattoo ink eyeliner, I started drawing a solid line from the inner corner to the middle of my lash line.
5. Then, using the tip of the eyeliner, I started drawing dots from the middle to the end-tip of the eyeliner. I placed more dots on the middle, and it gets more spaced out as it approaches the end of the wing.
6. I ran Vanish slightly on the lower lash line using an angled eyeliner brush.
7. I curled my lashes and applied MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. On my brows, I filled it in using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.
9. On my face, I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation.
10. I applied Smashbox Halo blush in In Bloom.
11. On my lips, I applied L’oreal Colour Riche Matte in Lincoln Rose.