Hello gorgeous! I’m back with a new tutorial! Has anyone not watch Iron Man 3 yet? I did last week and I wanted to do a makeup inspired tutorial using the colors from the Iron Man suit – gold and red.
To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure how I wanted to incorporate the red into the look. I’ve thought of doing a red lip but I changed my mind and added the red winged liner instead. It’s an ok look, I think. Could I have done better? Probably.
I love the brow and gold combo, though! I used Make Up For Ever aqua cream shadows as my base. Remember to work fast and in thin layers with the aqua cream shadows. You can apply the cream and skip the powder if you’d like. I just like wearing both for extra punch of colors.
Oh, on a side note, I went to get my brows done on Saturday 😉 More on that on the next post.
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream shadow no. 11 using a synthetic art brush all over my eyelid.
2. Using the clean side of the art brush, I lightly applied MUFE Aqua Cream Shadow no. 15 on the outer V of the lid.
3. Using Smashbox Sienna eyeshadow and a blending brush, I applied the shadow on the outer half of the eyelid and lightly on the crease.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Old Gold on top of the gold cream shadow.
5. I applied Smashbox Sienna eyeshadow on the lower lid using an angled eyebrow brush.
6. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
7. Using my new Shu Uemura brow pencil, I filled in my newly threaded eyebrows 😀
8. Using a wet angled eyeliner brush, I dipped the brush into Ben Nye Soleil Red powder blush and created a winged liner. You can use a cream shadow or face paint (e.g. PAC face paint in red, Snazaroo or Kryolan face paints etc) to create the red winged liner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Double Extension Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
10. For the face, I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation using a foundation brush.
11. Under the eyes, I applied MUFE HD Concealer.
12. I contoured my face using MAC Shadowy and a face fan brush.
13. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Fleur Power blush mixed with MAC Cubic blush.
14. For the lips, I applied Chanel Confidentielle lipstick.