Ah, yes, the grunge smokey eye look. This has been my go-to makeup for any night-out or parties since it’s so easy and simple. I could go as dark and intense as I want, and I could even go messier if I need to. Smoldering, sexy and effortless! You can achieve this look in less than 10 minutes, seriously!
For this look, you can use black eyeshadow all around, but I like some warmth on my smoky eyes, so I prefer adding non-black shadow. The technique I showed you in the photo below would be great for those who have troubles creating crease to create smoky eyes.
The key to this look is to use an eyeliner that is soft, and doesn’t set easily. You don’t have to be precise for this look, and I suggest skipping the falsies altogether if you want it to look a bit more grunged or rocker chic! No falsies, falsies = glam! Well, of course you can use falsies, just in my opinion once you use falsies it’s no longer grunge and messy. It becomes very glam.
*Don’t forget to check out my other Smoky Eyes tutorial!*
Eyelids are prepped using Urban Decay Primer Potion original.
1. Using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner, I lined my upper lash line. Don’t worry about it being imperfect.
2. I dotted the same eyeliner on the outer part of my eyelid.
3. Using a pencil brush, I lightly smudged the eyeliner before it has the chance to set.
4. I applied Kat Von D Disintegration eyeshadow (from Kat Von D Monarch palette) all over my eyelid all the way up to my crease using a blending brush.
5. I sprayed water on my flat eyeshadow brush, and applied loose pigment from Gosh Tan Mineral Colour pigment on the inner half of my eyelid.
6. Using a smudging brush, I applied Kat Von D Deadhead eyeshadow (from Monarch palette) along my upper lash line, winging it slightly on the outer part.
7. I used the same eyeshadow and brush as no. 6 on the lower lid. I also lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied several coats of MUFE Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. I lightly applied Entomology from Kat Von D Monarch palette just above the crease to blend out the eyeshadow a bit more.
11. On my face, I applied Diorstar foundation using Cover FX cream foundation brush.
12. Under my eyes, I applied MUFE HD concealer.
13. I set my face by dusting Cover FX translucent powder lightly with a large powder brush.
14. I also applied a Smashbox contour powder under my cheekbones and on my temples, and very lightly on the sides of my nose.
15. I applied Benefit Hervana on my cheeks, and The Balm Mary Lou highlighter on top of my cheeks, on the bridge of my nose and on my cupid’s bow.
16. On my lips, I applied a little bit of foundation (from whatever was left on my foundation brush). Then, I added YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra-Colla (27) for that nude peachy lips.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original); Kat Von D Monarch palette (Disintegration, Deadhead, Entomology); Gosh Mineral Colour Pigment (Tan); L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner; Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Brunette).
Face – Diorskin Star foundation; Make Up For Ever HD Concealer; CoverFX Translucent powder.
Cheeks – Smashbox contour powder; Mary Lou Manizer highlighter; Benefit Hervana blush.
Lips – YSL Glossy Stain in Peche Cerra-Colla (27).