A post for Chinese New Year! I know this year is the year of Snake, and when I was a kid I remembered having to watch the Tale of the White Snake. It’s a great story, and I remembered how the White Snake has a little sister, the Green Snake. The Green Snake supported her sister and saved her from danger and bla bla bla… Anyways, if you’re interested in the story, you can find it in Wikipedia 🙂
So, today’s tutorial is a bit tinker bell-ish, a bit green snake-ish..I don’t know. I just find the colors that I used to be really quite beautiful. I do have to mention that the MAC Crush Metal Pigment that I used in this tutorial is probably not available anymore, as well as the dark green eyeshadow – MAC Grey Range.
1. I applied Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Epatant all over my lid using my fingers.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the green pigment from MAC Crush Metal Pigment Stack 2!
3. Using another flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Grey Range, blending it to the green and up on the crease.
4. I used a blending brush to blend any harsh edge, re-apply MAC Grey Range, blend again, apply again, blend again until I reached enough intensity to my liking.
5. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner, and then applied winged liner using an angled brush and gel eyeliner from Make Up For Ever Aqua Black.
6. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler and applied L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara on both top & bottom lashes.
7. I filled my brows using a mix of MAC Omega + MAC Brun using an angled eye brush.
8. On my face, I applied Urban Decay Naked Foundation using Shiseido foundation brush.
9. Under my eyes, I applied Smashbox Full Coverage concealer stick blending it using a concealer brush.
10. I contoured my cheeks lighty using a face fan brush and Smashbox contour powder.
11. Using a blush brush, I applied MAC Peaches on the cheeks.
12. On the lips, I applied Revlon Just Bitten lip balm in Charmed.