Today I’m creating this easy holiday makeup with glitter and red lips. Even though it’s easy, it still looks very glam and perfect for those parties you have to attend. It has all the right ingredients – glitters, red lips and a lot of fun! This look is very simple and fast to create. No winged liner (say what?! lol). Watch the tutorial or read more below to find out more about this look!
So for this look, I wanted to create something that can be done in less than 30mins. If you are a beginner, or if you are not used to using brushes and all that fancy schmancy blending techniques, this is the look for you. You can just skip the transition-crease colour part and go straight to the eyelid with that glitter eyeshadow. The only reason why I apply transition-crease colours is because I don’t have a well defined crease. Therefore, I have to create an illusion of depth on my eyes using transition-crease colours. Even if you have eyes similar to mine, the transition-crease colour can be skipped altogether if you are pressed for time, since this look really focused on that glitter eyeshadow and the red lips.
If you noticed, my eyelashes are a bit wonky for this look, and if you are wondering why that’s because I recently went to get a lash lift. For some reason, there’s like a couple of the lashes that got lifted (aka curled) more than the rest of them. My lashes are notoriously hard to be curled, so I kinda expected some issue with the lash lift. Nevertheless, I’m pretty happy with how it looks, especially with mascara on. I added falsies for this look since it helps to open up my eyes a bit more and give the illusion of volume in my lashes, which is what I love. If you want, you can skip the lashes altogether!
So, for the lips, I actually went through a couple of colours first before I finalized my choice on the Shu Uemura Diva Red lipstick. The thing is, because my eyes are quite warm (NARS Outer Limits eyeshadow is leaning on the peachy side), I wanted to compliment that with a warm red lipstick. This Shu Uemura Diva Red lipstick is just slightly on the warmer spectrum (it’s red with just a hint of orange), and it compliments the eyes really nicely. If you are looking for a similar looking colour, I’d suggest going for an orange-based red lipstick like UD Vice Lipstick in 714, Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Cayenne. I want to say MAC Lady Danger, but I think it’s way too orange, and MAC Ruby Woo might be a tad cool/blue, but both are passable.
- Shu Uemura Murakami Block Booster – Natural Beige
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation – Beige 3
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle – Lychee/Opal
- Becca Lowlight Sculpting Perfector
- ABH Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown *
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Enigma
- MUFE HD Pro Finish #117
- ABH Master Palette by Mario – Lula, Isabel, Violeta
- NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow – Outer Limits
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara *
- Ardell Baby Wispies *
- Flawless by Friday – Honey + Gold Lip serum
- Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited My Dear Matte Collection – Diva Red
* products used but not mentioned in video