Are you guys still looking for inspiration for Valentine’s day makeup? I created this smoldering plum smoky look using Tarte Light of the Party palette. The eyeshadows in this palette are very soft and sheer, and it’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. I would say this look would be a pretty look for Valentine’s day, if you’re looking to do smoky eyes.
Today’s Glamorous Evening Makeup video tutorial is going to be slightly different. Instead of doing the makeup on myself, I’m doing it on my bff, Liz. She was going out for a party last Saturday night, and I wanted to make her look glam for the event. Liz is about a shade or two darker than me (1 shade darker in the Winter, and 2 in the Summer), and she has these amazing big gorgeous eyes and high cheekbones. You’ll see it when you watch the video!
I received a request by Dila who wanted me to do a video to show her how to create a smoky winged liner. She saw me back in 2014 when I was in Jakarta, and when we met I was wearing the day version of this smoky winged liner. Check out my Smokey Winged Liner post if you prefer a pictorial, or one which you can wear for a day look. This smoky winged liner tutorial is a darker, smokier version.
Alright, I think we can start with New Year Party makeup and move on past the Christmas party makeup for now. If you are still looking for makeup inspiration for Christmas parties, please check my Party makeup tutorials, or use the search bar for specific brands or looks. For this tutorial, I used mainly UD Gwen Stefani palette for the eyes.
Another Party Makeup tutorial for you guys, since you know Christmas is in 2 weeks! Anyways, for this tutorial I used Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) Self Made palette, which I completely forgotten about. It was sitting at the back of my drawer, and I was so busy that I didn’t remember I actually bought the palette.
For this look, my focus is on a very strong eyes. I didn’t make this too smoky since I knew I was going to create a winged liner, but if you prefer a smokier look, omit the winged liner, and use a matte black eyeshadow along the lash line for a smokier lash line.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Transition – ABH Self Made Palette “Sherbet”
- Crease – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Outer V – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Eyelid – ABH Self Made Palette “Self-Made”
- Lower lash line – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot & Cold” (outer); ABH Self Made Palette “Pink Champagne” (inner)
- Winged liner – Maybelline Gel Liner “Black”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil liner “NW25/NC30”
- Brows – ABH Dip Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Esqido Mink lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”; The BodyShop Drops of Youth “Wonderblur”
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer
- Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose powder”
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush “Vibrant Poppy”
- Lipstick – YSL Glossy Stain “Peche Cerra-Cola (27)”
Another look using Maison Kitsune for Shu Uemura Indigo eye/cheek palette! This time, I really wanted to showcase the gorgeous blue eyeshadow fron the palette, so I created this blue smoky eyes look! This look is super easy to recreate, and it’s a really fresh take on a non-black smoky eyes.The only product that is black is my mascara, even my eyeliner is blue (surprise, surprise..lol).
We’ve all seen black smoky eyes, brown smoky eyes, grey smoky eyes, well why not an all blue smoky eyes? This blue smoky eyes will bring out those with brown, or green, or grey eyes! I love how the blue shadow from the palette looks almost jewel like. It’s not too dark, yet still have a rich deep blue hue.
For the lashes, I decided to apply the Maison Kitsune Jewel-Fur-for-a Wink falsies since I thought it was going to add a bit of fun to the whole look. Very extravagant, perfect for Holiday party makeup! Of course, you can skip this special falsies and wear the regular ones, but I think this falsies are amazing! Also, if you want to know what else I’ve bought from this collection, check out my Instagram account!
- Base – Shu Uemura cream eyeshadow “Ivory”
- Eyeliner – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Play & Remix Drawing pencil “Indigo”
- All over eyelid – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Indigo Palette “Navy”
- Inner corner – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Indigo Palette “White”
- Center of lid – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Indigo Palette “Soft Blue”
- Brows – Shu Uemura Brow Sword
- Mascara – NARS Audicious mascara
- Falsies – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune “Jewel-Fur-For-A-Wink” false lashes
- Primer – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Lightbulb foundation #754
- Concealer – YSL Touche Eclat
- Setting powder – Shu Uemura Lightbulb Glowing Face Powder “Colorless”
- Highlighter – Guerlain Meteorites Powder
- Blush – Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Indigo palette glow on blush “Pink”
- Lip lacquer – Shu Uemura lip Lacque Supreme “CR1 Chu Chu Coral”
Now that Halloween is over, it’s time for the Holiday looks! I recently bought Shu Uemura Maison Kitsue Indigo palette, which is part of Shu Uemura’s 2015 Holiday collection, and this palette shall opens my Holiday looks for 2015! I bought several other products from the collection, but for today I’ll only use the palette. The Shu Uemura Maison Kitsune Holiday 2015 Collection consists of amazing products, and you guys should really check it out! The palettes are limited edition, so grab them before they’re sold out!
For today’s look, I decided to do a cat-eye smoky look. This look is great for monolids or hooded lids. If you have hooded lids, open your eyes when you’re applying the outer V shade (the Indigo). You need to apply this shade just slightly above the hooded part so that when your eyes are open, you can still see the color.
- Primer – Shu Uemura cream eyeshadow “Ivory”
- Outer V/lower lash line – Maison Kitsune Indigo palette “Navy”
- Inner lid – Maison Kitsune Indigo palette “Gold”
- Center lid – Maison Kitsune Indigo palette “Black 985”
- Waterline/tightline/upper lash line – MAC kohl liner “Smolder” + MAC Carbon (to set)
- Brows – Shu Uemura Brow Sword
- Lashes – Esqido falsies “Oh So Sweet”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Oleopact foundation
- Powder – CoverFX setting powder
- Blush – Maison Kitsune Indigo palette glow on blush “Pink”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip lacquer – Shu Uemura Laque Supreme “Pink Scandal 01”
HAPPY (Canadian) THANKSGIVING! I promised one last post before the end of the week and here we go! I wanted to use my UD Naked Smoky palette again, since I felt that I haven’t used it enough. I created a matte brown smoky eyes look, which is simple and easy. A brown smoky eyes is softer than black, and it’s also easier for beginners. So, if you haven’t try a brown smoky eyes yet, you should! Skip the falsies and winged liner for a more casual look.
- Primer – UD Primer Potion “Anti-aging”
- Base – UD Naked Smoky “Thirteen”
- Transition – UD Naked Smoky “Combust”
- Crease – UD Naked Smoky “Password”
- Eyelid/lower lid – UD Naked Smoky “Whiskey”
- Winged liner – Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner
- Waterline – L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Wiz “Medium Brown”
- Lashes – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Foundation – Laneige BB Cushion “Medium”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – CoverFX translucent setting powder
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush
- Gloss – YSL Glossy Stain in Pêche Cerra-Cola
Today’s Tweezerman Brush IQ tutorial feature the makeup brushes that were given to me as part of the PreenMe VIP program. Earlier this week I received the Tweezerman goodies (picture on Instagram), and today I’ve decided to do an easy Bronze smoky eyes look using mostly those brushes. A big THANK YOU to Preen.me for sending me the Tweezerman products!
The Tweezerman brushes that are featured on today’s tutorial are “blender brush”, “shader brush”. “liner glider”, and “brow brush“. I’ve also used the “Pro-Curl lash curler ” and “no-mess mascara guard“, but it was used off camera. I’ll try to post a short Instagram video on how-to use the curler and mascara guard next time! So, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Just a quick note on these brushes, they are amazing! I’m saying it not because I received it for free, but truly these brushes are on the best synthetic brushes I’ve ever used. The shader brush is very sturdy and really great for packing on the color on the eyelid. The liner glider brush is awesome in creating a soft diffused liner look. I’ll talk more about the brushes when I have the chance to review them. Until then, you’ll see these brushes popping on my tutorials!
Scroll all the way to the bottom to skip the how-to, and jump to the Product List.
1. I primed my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”. Using Tweezerman Blender Brush, I applied MAC Skinfinish “Medium Plus” powder all over my eyelid.
2. Using a blending brush, I applied KVD Shade + Light Eye palette in “Ludwin” as a transition shade.
3. Using another blending brush, I applied KVD Shade + Light eye palette in “Succubus” on my crease.
4. I applied L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow “Bronze Divine” on my eyelid using Tweezerman Shader brush. I also applied this eyeshadow along my lower lash line using Tweezerman Liner Glider brush.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow “Sahara Treasure” on the inner corner of my eyes.
6. Using Tweezerman Liner Glider brush, KVD Shade + Light Eye palette in “Shax” along my upper and lower lash line. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
7. I filled my brows using Tweezerman Brow brush and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”.
8. I curled my lashes using Tweezerman Pro Lash Curler, and applied Dior Backstage mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I applied Gwiyomi Boutique False lashes #3 on my upper lashes.
10. For my face, I applied NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation in “Punjab”.
11. I applied NARS Radiant concealer in “Custard” under my eyes and on my blemishes.
12. I set my face using CoverFX translucent powder.
13. I lightly contoured my face using Smashbox contour kit.
14. I applied Smashbox Halo Powder blush “In Bloom” on my cheeks.
15. I added a little bit of The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer” highlighter on top of my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and on my cupid’s bow.
16. For my lips, I lined and filled it using L’oreal Color Riche lip liner “Beyond Pink”. Then, I applied YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain “Eau de Coral (203)”
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – MAC Skinfinish powder “Medium Plus”
- Transition – KVD Shade + Light Eye palette in “Ludwin”
- Crease – KVD Shade + Light eye palette in “Succubus”
- Lid/lower lash line – L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow “Bronze Divine”
- Inner corner – L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow “Sahara Treasure”
- Liner (upper and lower) – KVD Shade + Light Eye palette in “Shax”
- Waterline – L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”.
- Mascara – Dior Backstage
- Lashes – Gwiyomi Boutique False lashes #3
- Foundation – NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant concealer in “Custard”
- Setting powder – CoverFX translucent powder
- Contour – Smashbox contour kit.
- Blush – Smashbox Halo Powder blush “In Bloom”
- Highlight – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip liner – L’oreal Color Riche lip liner “Beyond Pink”
- Lip stain – YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain “Eau de Coral (203)”