Since I’ve been doing quite a few bright colored tutorials, I wanted to do a dark look…I love smoky eyes and red lips, and even though usually I don’t wear both at the same time, I did it anyways..hahaha..Lately this combination of smoky eyes and red lips are making a comeback. What used to be a faux pas, seems to be the new trend. Smoky eyes and red lips were the look in 1920s (think Betty Bop, Flapper dancers etc). However, I obviously made it to suit my own style and liking!
I wanted to find my own red lips hue, so I’ve to mix it myself. If you like the color of the lips, continue reading for the tutorial! 🙂
1. I applied the lighter shade (silverish brown) from NARS Dogon duo eyeshadow using a flat eyeshadow brush all over my eyelid.
2. Using a blending brush, I applied the darker side (bluish charcoal) from NARS Dogon duo eyeshadow on the crease and outer V.
3. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
4. Using MAC Blacktied, I applied winged liner using an angled eyeliner brush along the upper lash line.
5. I also applied the darker shade from NARS Dogon duo eyeshadow along the lower lashline.
6. I curled my lashes and applied Dior Overcurl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
7. I applied MAC Naked Lunch on the center of the lid and the inner corner of the eyes to brighten up my eyes.
8. I filled in my brows using a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun.
9. I applied Giorgio Armani Silk foundation all over my face using my fingers.
10. I also applied MAC Pro concealer palette in Medium (NC 30) under the eyes, side of the nose, any blemishes and lightly over the lips.
11. For the lips, I applied a thin layer of Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in Backstage on the lips using a lip brush.
12. Then, I applied a layer of OCC Lip Tar in Vintage on top of the Revlon Backstage lipstick.
13. I used a piece of Klenex, put it against my lips and blot away the excess lipstick.
14. Using a clean piece of Klenex, I put it against my lips lightly and applied translucent powder on top of the Klenex using a clean blush brush.
15. For the contour, I applied MAC Shadowy on the temples, hollows of the cheeks and sides of the nose.
16. For the cheeks, I applied MAC Fleur Power to complete the look.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/708627/?claim=npanjk37yxk”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>