I hope you guys have been enjoying all these Holiday Makeup tutorials I’ve been creating lately. Today’s tutorial is all about this Casual Glitter Holiday Makeup look. This look is fun, easy and simple. It’s definitely the opposite of what I’ve been doing so far with all those glam holiday makeup look. Anyways, watch the tutorial and read more below!
As I’ve said before, today’s look is really simple and the focus is on the glitter. I chose to do a glitter since it’s snowing here a lot, and I find that the glitter reminds me of the way the snow shimmers in the sun. Anyways, this look is for you who want to play with your makeup, but doesn’t want to go full on glam. It’s definitely one of the more fun, low-key makeup that I’ve created. I personally would choose this Casual Glitter Holiday Makeup look over the glam ones. It’s such a fun look to rock for this holiday season!
This look is similar to the one they’ve also created for the Chanel’s runway last year (FW 2014/2015). If you want to re-create the Chanel’s look, just skip the eyeshadows on the eyelid. Instead, create a bold winged liner and add more glitter along the lower lid. Easy, right?
With this Casual Glitter Holiday Makeup look, I kept my base pretty simple and fresh. No contouring, just blush on the cheeks to make it look flushed. No overdrawn brows, just simple but bold and fluffy. With the lips, of course you can dress it up by applying any shades of red lipsticks. I chose to down play the lips with a peachy nude shade since I want the focus to be on that glittery lower lid.
Just as a side note, I’ve also talked about this in the video. I’d recommend using a glitter glue/base for the glitter so it sticks better to the lower lid. I find that every time I blink the glitter comes loose and starts to fall. I really should get a glitter glue for myself instead of using the metamorfix liquid (oh wells)…
Oval Brush Set – use code SAVEWITHJILLY to save 10%
Flawless by Friday Lip Serum – use code MERRYCHRISTMAS to save 25% (until Dec. 25, 2016)
● Bobbi Brown Vit, Enriched Face Base *
● NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation in Punjab
● MAC Pro Longer Concealer NC25
● Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
● Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle – Watermelon/Moonstone
● ABH Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown *
● Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
● Urban Decay Primer Potion in Enigma
● Tarte In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette – Flowerchild, Smarty Pants, Jetsetter, Activist & Leader
● Lise Water Duo Creme & Glitter eyeshadow in Opalescent
● Coloupop eyeshadow Cat Nap
● Lise Watier Metamorfix Liquid
● Tarte Rainforest of the Sea So Fine Micro Liner
● Chanel Inimitable Mascara *
● Ardell Baby Wispies *
● Flawless by Friday – Honey + Gold Lip serum *
● NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Playpen
* products used but not mentioned in video