Today’s Big Dolly Eye Makeup tutorial is for those who’d like to make their eyes look enlarged and more doll-like! I think this type of makeup look is very popular in Asia, and I know personally in my home country, Indonesia, girls love this kind of look since it makes their eyes look bigger. For me, this look is already pretty heavy, and I would not wear this out for a day makeup. I’ll probably wear it if I go to party, but again, it’s up to your preference.
The key to this look is heavy eyeliner and lots of lashes. I could have done something a bit more extreme, and made it look even bigger, but I also wanted to make the look more wearable. If you want to make your eyes even bigger and more doll-like, feel free to substitute the black eyeliner on the waterline with a beige or white eyeliner. If you have monolids, you can use eyelid tape/glue/fiber to create a fold, it’ll help to open up the eyes more and make it look bigger.
Also, add more lashes, you can stack 2 lashes on the upper lashes and a bottom falsies. I don’t have bottom falsies, so I didn’t put any. The falsies I’m using is already thick and long, so I didn’t stack my falsies.
I used my Dior Eye Reviver palette for this tutorial. I’ve used this palette on my other tutorial, so if you’d like to see the shades that correspond with the number I listed below, please check out my Summer Wedding Guest Makeup Tutorial post. I have a picture of the palette there with the shades’ numbers.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#1”
- Transition – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#3”
- Outer V/Crease – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#5”
- Eyelid – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#2”
- Outer half of lower lash line – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#5”; Kat Von D Eye Contour Shade + Light “Shax”
- Inner half of lower lash line – Dior Eye Reviver palette “#4”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo Liner “Trooper”
- Waterline (outer half only) – L’oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Falsies – Gwiyomi falsies “Putri”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Wiz Taupe; Kat Von D Tattoo Brown “Medium Brown”
- Primer – Kat Von D Lock-it Featherweight Primer
- Foundation – Diorskin Star Foundation “#31” (update: yes I bought #31, and its undertone matches me better than #30)
- Concealer – Dior Star Concealer “003”
- Setting powder – Diorskin Nude Air Healthy Glow Invisible Loose Powder “#30”
- Contour – Kat Von D Shade + Light “Shadowplay”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Lipstain – YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain “203 (Eau de Corail)”