Okay! So, if you guys followed my twitter, you should know I’ve been looking for liquid latex in Jakarta. I went to the Chemical store and they don’t have any …I didn’t really want to use my eyelash glue since I only have so little left. So, I wanted to do my own gelatin pieces, but can’t find glycerine around my area, and my microwave is busted…Nevertheless, I didn’t want to give up and I throught may be I can use Elmer’s glue! Well, there’s no elmer’s brand in Jakarta, so I went to the bookstore and bought a white liquid glue…
I went home, tried it on myself and it worked! Not perfectly, but it worked! Oh, let me just say that you can wash this off with water and soap, it comes out pretty easily.
So here comes my brother, James as zombie It’s not how I’d love to do it, but it’s cheap and easy..not gory enough, but we had to rush it cause we had to go..oh well..here goes!
1. I applied a very light foundation on James’ face. He’s pretty tanned, and I used L’oreal Tru Match foundation in W2. It looked extra white on his face..hahaha..oh well..I applied the foundation using a dry sponge and applied it quite messily. I don’t think zombie needs to have a flawless base..
2. Using PAC Face Paints makeup, I mixed red and dark blue to make purple paint. I applied it lightly under his eyes, along his lid using a Laura Mercier concealer brush.
4. Using PAC yellow face paint and a dry sponge, I stippled some yellow face paint on his face on random places.
5. Using another blending brush (and a face angled contour brush), I applied MAC Scene all over the face in places where I want his features to looked sunken in (crease, side of nose, cheekbones, jawline, jawal etc).
6. Now for the fun part, I applied white craft glue on his face using a cheap disposable paint brush. I applied a light cover, let it dry for a few seconds and randomly I tore out cotton balls and applied it on his face. Once I’m happy with the shape, I applied more glue on top of the cotton.
TIP: The messier the better!
7. I applied liquid foundation, add some grey eyeshadow, brown eyeshadow, Snazaroo face paints and just make a big mess
8. Since we were rushing and didn’t have the product, we didn’t add blood. HOWEVER, you can make your own blood by adding red/orange food coloring to corn syrup. Just make everything looks nasty, that’s how zombies are…Also, get white contacts if you can to add to the look, James is scared of wearing contacts, he never had to, so he didn’t want to…